Image via WikipediaFrom Denny: Since we love seafood so much in the South, well, you need something citrusy to chase the garlic taste. Another food popular in Louisiana is cream cheese icing and this cake has a cream-cheese key lime icing. Key limes from Florida are awesome! This simple recipe is just the ticket, enjoy!
From: Mae Hogg
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil (I like canola as it is a neutral oil that doesn't influence other flavors)
3/4 cup orange juice
1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O
1 (1 pound) package plus 1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
8 ounces cream cheese
3 Tablespoons lime juice
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, orange juice and lime Jell-O. Pour into 3 greased and floured (8-inch) cake pans.
2. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F. oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
3. Let cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans. Let cool completely.
4. To make icing, combine powderedsugar, butter, cream cheese and key lime juice.
5. Ice between layers and on top and sides of cake. Enjoy!