The peach sauce is a combination of peach jam, lime juice, garlic, cumin and chili flakes - plenty of heat to balance the sweet jam. The jalapeno chili pepper sauce is comprised of jalapenos, garlic, sugar, water, vinegar and ginger - plenty of garlic and ginger to complement the chili peppers.
This recipe is so simple that all you have to do is sprinkle the chicken wings liberally with salt and pepper and pop under the broiler at about 4" to 5" and broil for about 20 minutes or so while you make the easy sauces. Both sauces are cooled to room temperature before serving. This recipe is a slam dunk when you are in a rush and need something easy for a weekend or weekday meal, just add a salad and chips!
Broiled Chicken Wings With Two Sauces
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed and discarded, then cut into 2 pieces/1 kg
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil/45 mL
- Seasoning salt and seasoning pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup peach jam or preserves/175 mL
- 1/3 cup lime juice/75 mL
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 2
- 1/2 tsp cumin/2 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes/2 mL
- 2 jalapeno chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped 2
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar/75 mL
- 2 Tbsp. water/30 mL
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar/125 mL
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger/15 mL
1. Preheat broiler. Prepare chicken wings. Brush wings with canola oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Spread wings on rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches (10 to 13 cm) from heat, turning once until wings are cooked, about 20 minutes. While wings are broiling, prepare sauces.
2. For Peach Sauce: Combine peach jam, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili flakes in a food processor and blend mixture until smooth. Pour into small saucepan and heat and simmer mixture over low heat, about 10 minutes. Pour into sauce dish and cool to room temperature.
3. For the Jalapeno Chili Pepper Sauce: Combine chopped jalapeno chili peppers, garlic, sugar, water, vinegar and ginger in saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour into sauce dish and cool to room temperature. Serve sauces with hot wings.
Check out this regal design choice for another angle of the HERS design for a wedding, anniversary, birthday gift! Also available for the King of the house and the Princess and Prince.
* * * Support Warriors Pearl Foundation - contributing to fund efforts to help homeless female military veterans come home. Visit Denny Lyon Gifts @ CafePress.com - see what's new!
Subscribe in a reader to Comfort Food From Louisiana
* Check out Dennys News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food - a place where all my 24 blogs link so you can choose from among the latest posts all in one place. A free to read online newspaper from independent journalist blogger Denny Lyon. *
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!